Edit: Corrections to rows 8.-10.
Thank you Suzann and her Finnish-friend for sending me the translated pattern (I made some minor corrections) of Lumiruusu shawl! Ask if you have problems knitting the shawl and I try to help. It would be nice to know if you knit this shawl so please leave a comment, especially if you are not in Ravelry.
Lumiruusu/Snowrose - lace shawl
Wetterhoff Silvia (70% wool, 30% silk, 50g/500m), 100 g, pale blue. Any other
Gauge has no great meaning, although changing the size with this pattern is not as straight forward as it is with traditional triangular shawls.
Circs 3,5mm and 4 mm.
Blocked height 95cm, width approximately 175cm.
Without blocking shawl height is approximately 64cm.
Before you start
In this shawl increases can only be made on certain rows. If you wish to change the size of the shawl, do note that adding or removing lace rows will affect the shape of the shawl especially within the first rows. Following the pattern the shawl is not exactly half circle. If you knit less rows between adding rows, the shawl shape changes towards a full circle (sector size grows). If you add rows especially in the beginning of the shawl, it will become more like half circle.
Cast on 6 sts.
* 1st row: knit all
* 2nd row: knit both front and back loops of each stich = 12 stiches
* 3rd & 4th row: knit
* 5th row: knit 3 sts, *Yo, knit*, repeat *_* until you have three stiches left, then Yo and knit the three left stiches = 13 (+6 edge stitch)
Continue knitting to knit on last three stiches garter stitch and follow the
* 7th row: knit
* 9th row: Yo, *knit 1, Yo*, repeat *_* till end of row, 27 sts
Start pattern according to chart 1, repeat the pattern from
* 11th-22nd row: repeat after chart 12th row - basicly repeart pattern twice C
* 23rd row: knit 2, Yo, *knit 1, Yo*, repeat *_* till you have 2 sts left,knit them = 51s
* 25th-42 rows: repeat chart pattern 1 three times
* 43rd row: do additions as on row 23 = 99 sts
* 45th-80th row: repeat chart pattern 1 six times
* 81st row: do additions as on row 23 = 195 sts
* 83rd-136th row: repeart chart pattern 1 nine times
* 137th row: Yo, knit 3, Yo, * knit 1, Yo, knit 3, Yo, knit 1, Yo, knit 3, Yo*, repeat *_* till end of the row (for each pattern you will incr. 4 sts)
* 139th-180th row: repeat chart pattern 2 seven times
* 181th row: knit 2 together, Yo, knit 1, Yo, ssk, * front andcback, knit 1, knit front and back, knit, knit front and back, knit,knit front and back, k2tog, Yo, knit , Yo, ssk*, repeat *_*
till end of row (for every pattern you will incr. 4 sts)
* 183th-212 row: repeat chart pattern 3 three times
* 213th-244th rows: knit chart pattern 4 once.
Change to larger needles.
Bind off loosely, for example in following manner: *Ssk, and
Soak and block with help of a tape measure so you will end up with a symmetrical shawl with even edge. You can use for example thin wire or long
If you want larger shawl, the best way to increase the size is by repeating the pattern chart 3 more than three times, this barely changes the shape of the
If you wish to knit the shawl from thicker yarn, you can do it for example in
* knit the first 24 rows as instructed
* repeart chart pattern 1 four times
* Do additions as on row 23 and repeat chart pattern 1 six times
* Do additions as on 137th row and repeart chart pattern 2 four times
* Do additions as on 181th row and repeart chart pattern 3 four times
* Knit chart pattern 4 once and bind off
This way the shawl will have 186 rows.
O = yarn over, yo
Δ= slip, knit 2 together, pass slipped stich over
\ = ssk, slip, slip, knit
/ =knit 2 together, k2tog